Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Stirred up!

Something I just wrote on facebook - (for those who are not on fb)
Sitting in the dark - under my mosquito net - in the early hours of the morning. 
Jet-lag, I guess, although I took sleeping pills to help. Only worked for a few hours...

I am just SO stirred up about the things I've already heard and seen and felt in just the few hours I've been here...

More than EVER convinced that babies/children NEED to be in a FAMILY!!!!! 
Can't get the sad eyes out of my mind of one of them when I also picked up a baby (still keeping her on my lap, too). The director of the orphanage told me she was jealous... awwww... 
the kids eyes.... speak of emptyness, sadness - even though they know of Jesus, but WHERE ARE JESUS' HANDS on this earth? In this place???

WHO will embrace these orphans and bring them HOME, just like God embraced us and made us HIS CHILDREN?
Adoption is the very CORE of the Gospel!!! (I know, nobody from NZ is allowed to adopt from Africa, so don't think I'm going that way myself, cuz I can't - though would if I could...)
And here is an article that was just recently written in the newspaper about the Baby Home.
"The hunger for love is much more difficult to remove than the hunger for bread."
Mother Teresa

No comments: